Are you interested in becoming a member of our team?
We are always on the look out for great volunteers and interns. Be a part of the action at Createability Wisconsin.
We have several options to be a part of the fun. Choose from helping out at events and exhibitions or working in the office or studio. All volunteer and intern opportunities are vital to Createability Wisconsin and the individuals and artists we support.
Volunteering or interning is a great way to learn new skills, but also find out more about who we are and what we do.
Marketing & Event Planning Intern
As a small non-profit we have a one-person marketing and event planning department and could use the assistance while providing some very useful, real-world experience. Some of the efforts will include content development, social media management, marketing material creation, attending networking events and event promotion. This position requires excellent computer, time management, communication skills as well as a great deal of flexibility. Student interns will represent the organization in the community, work directly with our customers and clients and complete work projects furthering our mission and building their portfolio of experience.
The ideal candidate must be a strong writer and organizer who is capable of developing content requiring minor edits or proofreading, along with the ability to assist in organizing events. The candidate must also be professional, creative, highly motivated, and passionate about producing stellar work.
The internship is available immediately and is for 10 to 15 weeks (negotiable).
What can Camp Createability offer to you?
The opportunity to gain work experience and transferable skills, develop new skills and refine others, be able to experience a prospective career path, gain practical experience by applying methods and theories learned in classes. You will also get the valuable workforce tool of networking with professionals in your field, references and future job opportunities.
This internship allows you to make a real world impact and help individuals with autism and other disabilities learn valuable skills to get them in the workplace.
- Run a social media campaign
- Develop, update and execute campaign communications, media and digital media strategies and ensure their implementation
- Perform analytics of campaigns and provide meaningful feedback
- Attend networking events as assigned
- Find ways to better promote our message
- Create marketing materials
- Help with advertising efforts
- Assist in event support as needed
- Research and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials
- Able to commit 10 - 15 hours a week (hours can be flexible)
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Non-Profit Development, Business Administration or similar kind of degree (recent 2019 graduates are also accepted)
- Excellent organizational skills, with close attention to detail and process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Some understanding of or experience with SEO and web analytics (including Google Analytics) preferred
- Have a strong background in social media management
- Have an interest in social good and community
Camp Createability has a position open. "Artist & Digital Media Mentor/Vocational Programs Support Staff. Camp Createability is currently seeking 1 or 2 qualified individuals to work within our visual arts, digital media and vocational programs. You would be supporting both artists and digital media vocational participants who have autism or other developmental disabilities.
This position is part-time and could possibly evolve into a full-time position at a later time. Studio Hours are typically 8am to 4pm. The Artist & Digital Media Mentors work within this time frame, as well as a variety of one time events for sales or exhibitions. You would provide direct support to artists or digital media specialists with disabilities in Camp Createability's studio space and in community settings. Mentors should have experience working with individuals with cognitive disabilities, excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, a professional demeanor and an interest in the visual or digital media arts. Mentors work alongside artists and digital media persons to help facilitate their artistic goals, digital media goals, and general daily routines.
Transportation may need to be provided for some individuals on an occasional basis.
- Experience working with people with disabilities
- Experience working with people on the autism spectrum
- Experience working in the visual arts/digital media
- Experience supporting individuals with self-regulation and mood management
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Current driver’s license, clean driving record, liability insurance and an automobile
- Knowledge of adaptive communication and/or facilitated communication with people on the autism spectrum
- Training in Art/Digital Media, with Bachelor's or Master's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Suite products (bonus)
- Experience with Wordpress, html, css and php.
If interested in applying, please submit the following:
- A one page cover letter describing your qualifications and interests
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
Send via email to Debbie Armstrong (email@example.com) with “Artist/Digital Media Mentor” in the subject line. Or send hard copy to Camp Createability, 2001 W. Broadway, Monona, WI 53713. Position will remain open until filled.